We will begin with a veggie potluck (no fish) with a preference for gluten-free. After the potluck, we'll do a brief service and then Chuck and Mary Ann will share memories of Chuck's mom, Ruth Adrienne Burack, z"l. Please RSVP to Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date: Sunday afternoon, August 13, 3:00 pm, Join Fran Avni for a Harmony Happening and Party
Join Fran Avni and friends as she shares songs of peace, love, hope and connection from her latest recording, KULANU - All of Us in Harmony. Chant-like repetitive melodies and syncopated rhythms encourage singing and playing along as we all become a joyful instant chorus.
Fran is back from Montreal for her first visit in four years. Let’s welcome and sing with her.
Veggie/fish/dairy potluck supper after singing.
Wear sunhat and layers.
Donation for Fran requested
Location: 1736 Ward St, Berkeley, CA
Contact Fran: email@example.com for more information
NEW DATE: Sunday, August 27, 11 am-3 pm, Come to Nancy Feinberg's Birthday Brunch and Sing High Holy Day Music with Reb Tsvi Bar-David and friends
Celebrate with Nancy 11-1, Sing with Reb Tsvi 1-3
Location: home of Nancy Feinberg near Cedar & MLK. Call, text, or email Shoshana for exact address-510-914-1291 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring your voice, instrument, and food & drink for 11 am veggie/fish/dairy brunch potluck!
From Reb Tsvi:
- I want the community to tap into their living hearts and souls, through the tool of sacred (and yes, ecstatic) music, specifically the music of the High Holy Days.
- Because this is where - the beating heart - we will find our tikkun - the fixing of the rip in our own fabric - with joy!
- HHD is complex liturgy. In a short workshop, we can only scratch the surface of this richness. These are my selections from this treasure chest, that we will learn and sing during the HHD's.
- The intent is to learn, sing, drum the music all the way to energizing the High Holy Days and our lives.
Where: Hillside Community Church, 1422 Navellier St, El Cerrito, CA 94530
4:30-6:30 teaching, $15-36 donation requested Please join the Aquarian Minyan for a musical Selihhot workshop and worship, led by Reb Tsvi Bar-David and friends. Reb Tsvi will teach on both:
- Finding your personal tikkun, the rip in the fabric of the universe or the heart, that you and only you can repair. And how to bring simchah - joy - to your sacred task
- as well as the songs of tikkun, healing and sulhhah (reconciliation) that infuse this special season, from Selihhot through the end of Sukkot.
7:30 Selihhot service.
Location: Hillside Community Church, 1422 Navellier Street, El Cerrito 94530